Low blood pressure, shock, and fast heart rate are some of the possible symptoms of a Valturna overdose. The specific effects will depend on how much Valturna was taken and whether it was taken with any other medications. For a recent overdose, treatment may involve "pumping the stomach" or giving certain medications. Other options include giving fluids by IV and correcting electrolyte imbalances.
Can You Take Too Much Valturna?
Valturna® (aliskiren and valsartan) is a prescription high blood pressure medication. It contains an angiotensin II receptor blocker (valsartan) and a renin inhibitor (aliskiren).
As with most medications, it is possible to take too much Valturna. The specific effects of a Valturna overdose can be dangerous but will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Valturna dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
In April 2012, it was decided that this medication should no longer be available, due to the risks it poses to people with diabetes or with moderate-to-severe kidney problems. Production will officially cease in July 2012.
- Low blood pressure
- Fast heart rate
- Slow heart rate
Treatment for a Valturna OverdoseThe treatment for an overdose with Valturna will vary. If the overdose was recent, the healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment will also involve supportive care, such as:
- Giving medications to increase the heart rate
- Giving IV fluids and medications to increase blood pressure
- Correcting electrolyte imbalances.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have taken too much Valturna.