Toprol Side Effects
Some side effects with Toprol, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Unexplained swelling or sudden weight gain (see Toprol and Weight Gain)
- Chest pain
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- An irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Rare Side Effects of Toprol
Rare Toprol side effects that occur in less than 1 percent of people taking the drug. Given how uncommonly they occur, however, it can be difficult to tell whether these side effects are actually caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these rare side effects include but are not limited to:
- Allergic reactions
- Short-term memory loss
- An increase in liver enzymes
- Low blood sugar (see Toprol and Low Blood Sugar)
- Peyronie's disease
- Ringing of the ears (tinnitus)
- A worsening of psoriasis
- Reversible hair loss (see Toprol and Hair Loss)
- Dry eyes (see Toprol and Dry Eyes)
- Weight gain
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED (see Toprol and Erectile Dysfunction).