Teveten Warnings and Precautions
To help minimize potential risks, talk to your healthcare provider about safety precautions associated with Teveten, including warnings of potential drug interactions, allergic reactions, and the risk of developing certain side effects. Also, you may not be able to take this medicine safely if you have certain health conditions, such as kidney disease, heart problems, or diabetes.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Teveten® (eprosartan mesylate) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure (CHF) or aortic stenosis
- A history of a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke")
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- A history of high blood potassium (hyperkalemia) or have to use salt substitutes
- A personal or family history of angioedema, which is swelling beneath the skin
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.