When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Teveten include the following:
- Teveten comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once or twice daily.
- Try to take your dose at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- You can take Teveten with or without food.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dosage of Teveten your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Teveten Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of TevetenJust like any medicine, Teveten can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Common side effects seen with Teveten include but are not limited to:
- Upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Sore throat
(Click Teveten Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)