It is possible to develop low blood pressure if you take too much Sular. Overdose symptoms may include dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting. There are various treatment options available for a Sular overdose, including getting your "stomach pumped," taking certain medications, or receiving supportive care.
Sular® (nisoldipine) is a prescription medication known as a calcium channel blocker. It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). The effects of a Sular overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Sular was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, or drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Sular, seek medical attention immediately.
It is not fully known what effects a Sular overdose may cause in humans. Based on overdose effects of other similar calcium channel blockers, an overdose would be likely to cause low blood pressure.
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
The treatment for a Sular overdose will vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment also involves supportive care. This type of care consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Medications to increase blood pressure
- Other treatments based on complications that occur
- Close monitoring of the heart and lungs.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Sular.