An Overview of Maxzide Dosages
The dose of Maxzide®
) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Maxzide.
As always, do not adjust your Maxzide dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Maxzide Dosages for All Uses
The recommended Maxzide dose (no matter what the use) is Maxzide 25/37.5 mg or Maxzide 50/75 mg, taken once daily. Even if you are taking two tablets per day, it is usually safer to take them both at once, instead of splitting them up. Studies have shown that taking the drug twice a day may increase your risk of electrolyte imbalance or kidney problems.
General Information on Dosing With Maxzide
Some considerations for people taking Maxzide include:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Maxzide with or without food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- Because Maxzide increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Maxzide will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Maxzide dosages in general, talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.