Blood Pressure Home > Visken Dosage
The usual starting dosage of Visken for most people being treated for high blood pressure is 5 mg twice a day. If needed, your healthcare provider may gradually increase your dose up to a maximum of 60 mg daily. You can take your doses either with meals or on an empty stomach.
The dose of Visken® (pindolol) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
For most people, the starting dosage for treating high blood pressure is Visken 5 mg twice daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may slowly increase your dose up to a maximum of 60 mg total per day.
As with all beta blockers, you should not abruptly stop taking Visken, as serious problems (including heart attacks) may result. Your healthcare provider will advise you about how to safely stop taking this medication. It is usually recommended to slowly reduce the dose over a period of time, with careful monitoring, and to minimize physical activity during this time. Let your healthcare provider know if you develop chest pain or any other problems while stopping Visken.
Some considerations for people taking Visken include the following:
- Visken comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- You can take it with a meal or on an empty stomach.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Visken will not work if you stop taking it.
- In general, this medication should not be stopped suddenly, as serious problems (including heart attacks) may result.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Visken dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.