Blood Pressure Home > Verelan
When and How to Take VerelanSome general considerations for when and how to take Verelan include the following:
- Verelan comes in the form of a capsule. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day in the morning.
- You can take your dose with or without food.
- The capsules contain extended-release pellets that slowly release the medication over time. Be sure to swallow the capsules whole.
- For people who have difficulty swallowing, Verelan capsules may be opened and the contents sprinkled onto a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should not be hot and should be swallowed immediately, without chewing. Follow the applesauce with a glass of cool water.
- This medicine should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Verelan to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. This medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Verelan your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.