Blood Pressure Home > Valturna Warnings and Precautions
Valturna has been known to cause problems such as low blood pressure and dangerous swelling of the lips, mouth, tongue, or throat. Other warnings and precautions with Valturna apply to people with kidney disease, heart problems, or high blood potassium. Women who are pregnant should not take this medication, nor should anyone who is allergic to any of the ingredients used to make Valturna.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, such as liver failure or cirrhosis
- Heart problems, especially congestive heart failure (CHF) or a recent heart attack
- High blood potassium (hyperkalemia)
- Any allergies, including to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant