Blood Pressure Home > Twynsta
Clinical Effects of TwynstaClinical studies have shown that Twynsta works better than the individual components (telmisartan and amlodipine) at lowering blood pressure. In one study, after eight weeks of treatment, people given Twynsta had lower blood pressure, on average, than those given either telmisartan or amlodipine alone.
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with this drug include the following:
- Twynsta comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Make sure to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- These tablets can be taken with or without food. Try taking them with food if the medicine seems to bother your stomach.
- Twynsta comes in an individual blister package. Do not remove the tablet from the blister until you are ready to take it.
- Make sure you know how to open the blister package before taking Twynsta. If you are unsure how to open it, your healthcare provider or pharmacist can help.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Twynsta your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.