Blood Pressure Home > Torsemide
When and How to Take TorsemideSome general considerations for when and how to take this medication include:
- The medicine comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Torsemide should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of torsemide in your blood. However, some people do not need to take it every day, especially people taking it for fluid retention.
- Because torsemide increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid getting up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For torsemide to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Torsemide DosingThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to torsemide.