Blood Pressure Home > Torsemide
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Torsemide?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Demadex and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Demadex and Breastfeeding).
- Controlling high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Treating water retention (edema) due to several causes, including congestive heart failure, cirrhosis, and kidney failure (renal failure).