Blood Pressure Home > Toprol-XL
Toprol-XL is commonly used to control high blood pressure, relieve angina symptoms, and treat congestive heart failure. As a beta blocker, the medication works by reversing the effect of certain stress hormones. Common side effects include dizziness, slow heart rate, diarrhea, and tiredness. The drug comes in tablet form and is available in four different strengths.
- Controlling high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Relieving angina symptoms
- Treating congestive heart failure (CHF).
- Heart rate
- The force in which the heart pumps blood
- Blood pressure (both systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure).