Blood Pressure Home > Teveten Side Effects
Common side effects of Teveten include upper respiratory infections, facial swelling, and coughing. In most cases, reactions to this medicine are minor and either do not require treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. However, there are several problems that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider, including chest pain, unexplained swelling, or difficulty breathing.
An Introduction to Teveten Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Teveten® (eprosartan mesylate) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Teveten. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of TevetenTeveten has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, one group of people received Teveten, while another group was given a placebo (a "sugar pill" that does not contain any active ingredients). As a result, it was possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the placebo.
In clinical studies, the most common Teveten side effects included:
- Upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold -- in up to 8 percent of people
- Facial swelling -- up to 5 percent
- Runny, stuffy nose -- up to 4 percent
- Sore throat -- up to 4 percent
- Coughing -- up to 4 percent
- Viral infection -- up to 2 percent
- Fatigue -- up to 2 percent
- Injury -- up to 2 percent
- Abdominal (stomach) pain -- up to 2 percent
- Joint pain -- up to 2 percent
- High triglycerides -- up to 1 percent
- Depression -- up to 1 percent
- Urinary tract infection (UTI), such as a bladder infection -- up to 1 percent.