Blood Pressure Home > Teveten Dosage
Your Teveten dosage will be based on several factors, such as other medications you are taking and other medical conditions you may have. For most people with high blood pressure, the starting amount is 600 mg, taken once daily. However, your healthcare provider may adjust this dose as needed until your blood pressure is adequately controlled.
An Introduction to Dosing With TevetenThe dose of Teveten® (eprosartan mesylate) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Teveten Dosage for High Blood Pressure
The usual dose of Teveten for most people when starting to treat high blood pressure is 600 mg once daily. Your healthcare may adjust this amount, if necessary. The typical recommended range is between 400 mg and 800 mg total per day.
Teveten is normally given once a day in the beginning of treatment. If, however, once-daily dosing does not control blood pressure over the entire course of the day, the medication may be given twice daily.
General Information on Taking TevetenSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Teveten include the following:
- Teveten comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once or twice daily.
- Try to take your Teveten dose at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- You can take your dosages with or without food.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Teveten, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.