Blood Pressure Home > Tekturna Dosage
The dose of Tekturna that your healthcare provider recommends will vary. Factors that can affect your dosage include whether you are taking other medications and how well you respond to Tekturna. Generally, the recommended starting dose for treating high blood pressure is 150 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your Tekturna dosage to 300 mg once daily.
Tekturna Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Tekturna® (aliskiren hemifumarate) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Tekturna
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Tekturna Dosage for High Blood PressureThe recommended starting dose of Tekturna for treating high blood pressure is Tekturna 150 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to Tekturna 300 mg once daily. Keep in mind that it can take two weeks or more before you see the full effects of Tekturna on your blood pressure.
General Information on Dosing With TekturnaConsiderations for people taking Tekturna include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
You should take Tekturna consistently, either with or without food (fatty meals may decrease the absorption of Tekturna). In other words, either always take the drug with food or never take it with food.
- Make sure to take Tekturna at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Tekturna will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Tekturna dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.