Blood Pressure Home > Tekamlo Dosage
Several different Tekamlo doses are available. The one your healthcare provider prescribes will be based on several different factors, including what medications you are currently taking. The oral tablets come in strengths ranging from 150/5 mg to 300/10 mg. Tekamlo should be taken once a day, preferably at the same time each day.
An Introduction to Dosing With TekamloThe dose of Tekamlo™ (aliskiren/amlodipine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to this drug
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Tekamlo Dosage for High Blood PressureTekamlo is a combination medication containing aliskiren (Tekturna®) and amlodipine (Norvasc®). It is usually prescribed when one medication alone does not adequately control blood pressure.
It is also a good option for people who are already taking both medications, who may benefit from taking fewer tablets and possibly lower costs by switching to Tekamlo.
The recommended dosage varies from Tekamlo 150/5 mg once daily up to Tekamlo 300/10 mg once daily.
These tablets come in the following strengths:
- Tekamlo 150/5 mg -- 150 mg of aliskiren and 5 mg of amlodipine
- Tekamlo 150/10 mg -- 150 mg of aliskiren and 10 mg of amlodipine
- Tekamlo 300/5 mg -- 300 mg of aliskiren and 5 mg of amlodipine
- Tekamlo 300/10 mg -- 300 mg of aliskiren and 10 mg of amlodipine.
The first number (150 or 300 mg) is the aliskiren strength. The second number (5 or 10 mg) is the amlodipine strength.