Blood Pressure Home > Side Effects of Propranolol XL
Difficult or painful breathing, chest pain, and lightheadedness or fainting are some of the potentially serious side effects of propranolol XL that should be reported to your healthcare provider immediately. However, most side effects are mild and either do not require medical attention or can be treated easily. Some of these more common side effects include fatigue, dizziness, and constipation.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with propranolol XL (InnoPran XL®). However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with propranolol XL. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of propranolol XL side effects with you.)
(The information in this article applies specifically to InnoPran XL. For information about Inderal® LA, a similar medication, see Inderal LA).
There are a number of possible side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Lightheadedness or fainting, which can be a sign of dangerously low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Difficult or painful breathing
- Chest pain
- Worsening of asthma
- Worsening of heart failure
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.