Blood Pressure Home > Precautions and Warnings With Propranolol XL
You should talk to your healthcare provider about the precautions and warnings with propranolol XL before starting treatment. Since the drug can worsen certain medical conditions (such as asthma or hyperthyroidism), be sure to tell your healthcare provider about other conditions you have. You should not take propranolol XL if you have cardiogenic shock, sick sinus syndrome, or second or third degree heart block.
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart failure
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart block
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant