Blood Pressure Home > Prinzide Precautions and Warnings
For people taking Prinzide, precautions and warnings to be aware of include such things as increased risk of infection. Other precautions and warnings for Prinzide users involve potential side effects of the drug, which can include swelling of the head and neck, decreased kidney function, extremely low blood pressure, and allergic reactions. People who are allergic to any components of the medicine, have severe kidney disease, or are allergic to other ACE inhibitors should not take Prinzide.
Prinzide Precautions and Warnings: An IntroductionBefore taking Prinzide® (lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide), let your healthcare provider know if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure, aortic stenosis, or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE)
- A personal or family history of angioedema (swelling under the skin)
- High cholesterol
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to Prinzide, ACE inhibitors, sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Prinzide and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Are on dialysis
- Drink alcohol regularly
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.
Tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may currently be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.