Blood Pressure Home > Prinzide Overdose
If you take too much Prinzide, overdose symptoms may occur such as lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting; drowsiness; slow or irregular heartbeat; or loss of consciousness. Seek medical attention immediately if you overdose on Prinzide. Treatment for a recent Prinzide overdose may involve certain medicines or "pumping the stomach"; however, once the drug is absorbed into the body, dialysis may be administered. A person who has taken Prinzide and overdosed on the drug will also typically require supportive care.
Prinzide® (lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide) is a medication used for controlling high blood pressure. Even though it happens rarely, a person can overdose on Prinzide -- just like any other medication. Prinzide overdose effects will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Prinzide is taken and whether it is taken with any other medicines, alcohol, illegal drugs, or a combination of these.
If you happen to overdose on Prinzide, seek medical attention immediately. Likewise, if someone else who has taken Prinzide has overdosed on the medication, get help right away.
The effects of a Prinzide overdose can vary but may include:
- Extremely low blood pressure
- Electrolyte imbalance (decreased levels of potassium, sodium, or chloride in the blood)
- Kidney failure.
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Decrease in urine output
- Drowsiness, headache, or back pain
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of consciousness.