Blood Pressure Home > Prinzide Dosing
For most people who are treating high blood pressure with Prinzide, dosing recommendations generally involve a daily dose of 10 mg/12.5 mg or 20 mg/12.5 mg once a day. Healthcare providers may adjust the dose of Prinzide based on the effectiveness of the medication and any side effects that may develop. It's best to take your Prinzide dosage at the same time each day. Doing so will help to maintain an even level of Prinzide in your blood.
- Other medical conditions you may have
- How you respond to Prinzide
- Other medications you may be taking.
- Take your Prinzide dosage by mouth with a glass of water.
- You may take Prinzide with or without food.
- Take Prinzide at the same time each day. This will help to maintain even levels of Prinzide in the blood.
- For Prinzide to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Prinzide will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Prinzide as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Prinzide or your Prinzide dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Prinzide without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.