Blood Pressure Home > Oretic
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Oretic if you have:
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE)
- A personal or family history of angioedema, which is swelling under the skin (especially of the throat or mouth)
- High cholesterol
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Parathyroid problems
- Had a sympathectomy (a specific kind of surgery)
- Any allergies, including allergies to Oretic, ACE inhibitors, sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Hydrochlorothiazide and Pregnancy)
- Controlling high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Treating water retention (edema) due to several causes, including congestive heart failure, cirrhosis, kidney failure (renal failure), and certain medications.