The dose of Norvasc®
besylate) recommended by your healthcare provider will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The medical condition you are being treated for
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Norvasc dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Norvasc Dosing for Adults
Norvasc Dosing for Children
The recommended starting dose of Norvasc for children ages as young as six years old with high blood pressure
is Norvasc 2.5 to 5 mg once daily.
General Norvasc Dosage Information
Some considerations for people taking Norvasc include:
- Norvasc comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- It does not matter if you take Norvasc with or without food.
- Norvasc should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of Norvasc in your blood.
- For Norvasc to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Norvasc will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Norvasc or your Norvasc dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.