Blood Pressure Home > Nifedipine
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- Low blood pressure
- An esophageal stricture or other narrowing of the digestive tract
- An upcoming surgery
- Aortic stenosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Nifedipine and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Nifedipine and Breastfeeding).
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much of this medication may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Swelling or water retention (edema)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Loss of consciousness
- Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Fluid in the lungs.