Blood Pressure Home > Monopril-HCT Dosage
The Monopril-HCT dose your healthcare provider prescribes will depend on several factors. In most cases, the recommended starting Monopril-HCT dosage will vary between Monopril-HCT 10 mg/12.5 mg and Monopril-HCT 20 mg/12.5 mg once a day. Your healthcare provider may increase or decrease the dosage based on how well you respond to Monopril-HCT. However, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of Monopril-HCT on lowering blood pressure.
Monopril-HCT Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Monopril®-HCT (fosinopril sodium-hydrochlorothiazide) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Monopril-HCT.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Monopril-HCT Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended dosage of Monopril-HCT for people with high blood pressure (hypertension) will vary between Monopril-HCT 10 mg/12.5 mg and Monopril-HCT 20 mg/12.5 mg once a day. Based on the initial blood pressure response and/or Monopril-HCT side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of Monopril-HCT on lowering blood pressure.
- Your Monopril-HCT dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- It is best to take Monopril-HCT on an empty stomach at least one hour before a meal. However, it may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Make sure to take Monopril-HCT at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medication in your blood.
- For Monopril-HCT to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Monopril-HCT will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Monopril-HCT as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Monopril-HCT or your Monopril-HCT dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Monopril-HCT without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.