Blood Pressure Home > Micardis HCT Precautions and Warnings
Being aware of Micardis HCT precautions and warnings prior to starting the medication can help ensure a safe treatment process. Certain people should not take Micardis HCT, including those who have severe kidney or liver disease, are allergic to Micardis HCT, or are allergic to sulfonamide-derived drugs. Micardis HCT precautions and warnings also to extend to potential side effects, such as extreme low blood pressure or decreased kidney function.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Micardis HCT® (telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Gallstones or other gallbladder problems
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- High cholesterol
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to other angiotensin II receptor blockers, sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are on dialysis
- Drink alcohol regularly
- Are breastfeeding.
Tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may currently be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.