Blood Pressure Home > Mavik Precautions and Warnings
There are many Mavik precautions and warnings to be aware of. For example, Mavik can cause side effects such as extremely low blood pressure, swelling in the intestines, allergic reactions, or swelling of the head and neck in some people taking the drug. Among the people who should not use Mavik at all are those who are allergic to Mavik or the inactive ingredients used to make it, as well as those with a history of angioedema related to previous ACE inhibitor treatment or hereditary or idiopathic angioedema. Also, Mavik has health risks to fetuses if taken during pregnancy. Be sure to talk with your healthcare provider about any precautions and warnings for Mavik that may apply to you.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure, aortic stenosis, or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE)
- A personal or family history of angioedema (swelling under the skin)
- Any allergies, including allergies to ACE inhibitors, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Are on dialysis
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.
Tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.