Blood Pressure Home > Mavik Dosage
The recommended starting Mavik dosage for people with congestive heart failure or left ventricular dysfunction following a heart attack is 1 mg once a day. Over the next several weeks, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to a target dose of Mavik 4 mg once a day. If side effects occur, a lower dose may be recommended.
Some considerations for people taking Mavik include:
- Your Mavik dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Mavik may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Mavik at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For Mavik to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Mavik will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Mavik as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Mavik or your Mavik dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Mavik without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.