Blood Pressure Home > Lotrel
EffectivenessA blood pressure reading consists of two numbers -- for example: 120/80. The top number is known as the systolic blood pressure, and the bottom number is the diastolic blood pressure. During clinical studies in people taking Lotrel, systolic blood pressure (the top number) decreased by up to 25 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure (the bottom number) decreased by up to 13 mmHg. The higher the dose, the greater the drop in blood pressure tended to be.
When and How to Take LotrelSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Lotrel comes in capsule form. It is taken once a day.
- It may be taken with or without food.
- Lotrel should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Lotrel your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Lotrel.