Blood Pressure Home > Lotensin HCT Precautions and Warnings
Who Should Not Take Lotensin HCT?You should not take Lotensin HCT if you:
- Are allergic to Lotensin HCT, Lotensin®, benazepril hydrochloride, hydrochlorothiazide, or any inactive component used to make Lotensin HCT. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a history of angioedema, even if unrelated to previous ACE inhibitor treatment.
- Have hereditary or idiopathic angioedema.
- Are allergic to sulfonamide-derived drugs (also referred to as sulfa drugs). This includes certain types of antibiotics, diabetes medicines, and diuretics.
- Are allergic to other ACE inhibitors.
- Have severe kidney disease.