Blood Pressure Home > Lotensin HCT Overdose
As with any medication, it is possible to overdose on Lotensin HCT. Some common symptoms of a Lotensin HCT overdose can include a decrease in urine output, nausea or vomiting, and a slow or irregular heartbeat. Some treatment options can include pumping the stomach or administering medications to increase blood pressure. If you believe you have overdosed on Lotensin HCT, seek immediate medical attention.
Lotensin HCT Overdose: An OverviewLotensin HCT® (benazepril hydrochloride and hydrochlorothiazide) is a medication used to treat high blood pressure. Even though it has happened on only a few occasions, a person can overdose on Lotensin HCT just like any other medication. The effects of a Lotensin HCT overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Lotensin HCT was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, and/or drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Lotensin HCT, seek medical attention immediately.
Symptoms of a Lotensin HCT OverdoseThe effects of a Lotensin HCT overdose can vary, but may include:
- Extremely low blood pressure
- Electrolyte imbalance (decreased levels of potassium, sodium [salt], or chloride in the blood)
- Kidney failure.
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Decrease in urine output
- Drowsiness, headache, or back pain
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of consciousness.