Blood Pressure Home > Lotensin HCT Dosage
The Lotensin HCT dosing guidelines for people with high blood pressure will vary depending on several factors. For example, your doctor will take into consideration other medications you may currently be taking and how you respond to Lotensin HCT when determining your dose. The recommended dosage of Lotensin HCT for people with high blood pressure will vary between Lotensin HCT 5 mg/6.25 mg and Lotensin HCT 20 mg/25 mg once a day.
Lotensin HCT Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Lotensin HCT® (benazepril hydrochloride and hydrochlorothiazide) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Lotensin HCT.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Lotensin HCT Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended dosage of Lotensin HCT for people with high blood pressure (hypertension) will vary between Lotensin HCT 5 mg/6.25 mg and Lotensin HCT 20 mg/25 mg once a day. Based on the initial blood pressure response and/or Lotensin HCT side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of Lotensin HCT on lowering blood pressure.
General Lotensin HCT Dosage InformationPeople taking Lotensin HCT should keep the following in mind:
- Your Lotensin HCT dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Lotensin HCT may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Lotensin HCT at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medication in your blood.
- For Lotensin HCT to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Lotensin HCT will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Lotensin HCT as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Lotensin HCT or your Lotensin HCT dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Lotensin HCT without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.