Blood Pressure Home > Lopressor Precautions and Warnings
Prior to taking Lopressor, warnings and precautions for the drug should be reviewed. This includes possible drug interactions, the safety of taking Lopressor while pregnant or nursing, and the risk of heart failure or a slow heart rate. Conditions you should let your healthcare provider know about before taking Lopressor include diabetes, depression, and psoriasis. In addition, people with pheochromocytoma or sick sinus syndrome should avoid the drug.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure, a history of a heart attack, or an irregular heart rhythm
- A slow heart rate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease
- Raynaud's phenomenon or other circulation problems
- A blood vessel disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to other beta blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Metoprolol and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.