Blood Pressure Home > Isradipine Dosing
Your isradipine dosage can be taken at any time of the day, as long as it is taken at the same times each day. The recommended dose for most people is 2.5 mg twice daily. If necessary, isradipine dosing can be increased to 5 mg once daily to control blood pressure. Your dose can also be decreased if you develop side effects.
The dose of isradipine (Dynacirc®) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Isradipine Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended starting dose of isradipine for high blood pressure (hypertension) is 2.5 mg twice daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to a maximum of 5 mg once daily to better control your blood pressure. The dosage can also be decreased if you experience bothersome side effects of isradipine.
Considerations for people taking isradipine include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, usually twice daily.
- You can take isradipine with or without food.
- The medication should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For isradipine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to isradipine dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.