Blood Pressure Home > Inderal Uses
Inderal uses include migraine prevention, control of pheochromocytoma symptoms, and improved survival following a heart attack. While not approved for use in children, several of its off-label uses include treating conditions seen in children. For instance, Inderal can slow down the progression of aortic dilation in children with Marfan syndrome. Other off-label Inderal uses include treating hyperthyroidism, relieving alcohol withdrawal symptoms, and treating anxiety.
An Overview of Inderal UsesInderal® (propranolol hydrochloride) has been licensed to treat a number of conditions. These Inderal uses include:
- High blood pressure control
- Relief of angina symptoms
- Treatment following a heart attack to improve survival
- Treatment of atrial fibrillation or other irregular heart rhythms
- Migraine prevention
- Decreasing the severity of tremors in people with familial or essential tremor
- Improving symptoms in people with hypertrophic subaortic stenosis, which is a condition in which the middle part of the heart thickens
- Controlling pheochromocytoma symptoms.