Blood Pressure Home > Inderal Side Effects
Most people taking Inderal do not have problems while on the medication. If side effects do occur, they are usually mild and easily treated or do not need treatment. Common side effects include slow heart rate, short-term memory loss, and fatigue. Among the side effects of Inderal that you should report to your healthcare provider are confusion, irregular heartbeat, and difficulty breathing or swallowing.
An Overview of Inderal Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Inderal® (propranolol hydrochloride). However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the drug quite well. If people do develop Inderal side effects, in many cases, they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are far less common, but can still occur.
Common Side Effects of Inderal
- Slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Congestive heart failure
- A decrease in blood pressure when going from a lying down or sitting position to standing
- Depression (see Inderal and Depression)
- Vivid dreams
- Short-term memory loss
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- Hair loss (see Inderal and Hair Loss)
- Impotence (see Inderal and Impotence)
- Peyronie's disease
- Low blood sugar (see Inderal and Low Blood Sugar).