Blood Pressure Home > Inderal Precautions and Warnings
Inderal precautions and warnings are often related to conditions your doctor needs to know about before you take the drug (for example, emphysema) and the safety of taking Inderal if you are pregnant or nursing. There is also a risk of extreme low blood pressure and/or a slow heart rate. If Inderal precautions and warnings are a concern, your healthcare provider may monitor your condition more closely or recommend a different drug.
Inderal: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Inderal® (propranolol hydrochloride) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure, a history of heart attack, or irregular heart rhythm
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- A slow heart rate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Raynaud's phenomenon or other circulation problems
- A blood vessel disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to other beta blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.