Blood Pressure Home > Hyzaar Precautions and Warnings
There are several Hyzaar precautions and warnings to be aware of, including those relating to drug interactions, taking the medication while pregnant, and electrolyte imbalances in the body. Prior to taking Hyzaar, you should tell your healthcare provider if you have other conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, or asthma. It is also important to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Hyzaar: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Prior to taking Hyzaar® (losartan potassium-hydrochlorothiazide), you should talk to your healthcare provider if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- High cholesterol
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to other angiotensin II receptor blockers, sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Are on dialysis
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.