Blood Pressure Home > Hyzaar
EffectsA blood pressure reading consists of two numbers -- for example: 120/80. The top number is known as the systolic blood pressure, and the bottom number is the diastolic blood pressure. During clinical studies in people taking Hyzaar, systolic blood pressure (the top number) decreased by up to 16 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure (the bottom number) decreased by up to 9 mmHg. The higher the dose of Hyzaar, the greater the drop in blood pressure.
When and How Do I Take Hyzaar?Some general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Hyzaar comes in tablet form. It is taken once a day.
- It may be taken with or without food.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
DosingThe dose of Hyzaar your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Hyzaar.