Blood Pressure Home > Exforge
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Exforge include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Exforge can be taken with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Take your dosage at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Exforge will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Exforge your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side Effects of ExforgeAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Exforge. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Water retention, particularly in the legs, ankles, or feet
- A sore throat and an irritated, stuffy, or runny nose
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold)