Blood Pressure Home > Exforge Overdose
If you take too much Exforge, overdose symptoms may occur, such as fast heart rate, dizziness, low blood pressure, and high blood potassium. Common treatment options for an Exforge overdose may include certain medications, "pumping the stomach," and supportive care (which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose).
Exforge® (amlodipine and valsartan) is a prescription medication used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). The effects of an Exforge overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including the Exforge dosage and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, and street drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Exforge, seek medical attention immediately.
People who take too much Exforge may have symptoms that include:
- Low blood pressure
- Fast heart rate
- High blood potassium (see Exforge and High Potassium)
- Heart palpitations.
The treatment for an Exforge overdose will vary. If the Exforge overdose was recent, the healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment also involves supportive care. This type of care consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Medications to increase blood pressure or decrease the level of potassium in the blood
- Other treatments based on complications that occur
- Close monitoring of the heart and lungs.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Exforge.