When and How to Take Exforge HCT
Some general considerations include the following:
- Exforge HCT comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take this drug either with a meal or on an empty stomach.
- Although it does not matter when you take this medication, it is a good idea to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Exforge HCT will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Exforge HCT that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Side Effects of Exforge HCT
As with any medicine, Exforge HCT may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the most common side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Swelling or fluid retention
(Click Exforge HCT Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)