Blood Pressure Home > Eprosartan/HCTZ
When and How to Take This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with eprosartan/HCTZ include the following:
- Eprosartan/HCTZ comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- This medication may increase urination. Therefore, you may want to take it in the morning to reduce the need to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
- Try to take eprosartan/HCTZ at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Eprosartan/HCTZ can be taken with or without food.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Storage InformationEprosartan/HCTZ should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
Is There a Generic Version?This medication is not available in generic form (see Generic Teveten HCT for more information).
Who Makes Eprosartan/HCTZ?Eprosartan/HCTZ is made by Solvay Pharmaceuticals for Abbott Laboratories.
- Eprosartan/HCTZ 600 mg/12.5 mg -- 600 mg of eprosartan and 12.5 mg of HCTZ
- Eprosartan/HCTZ 600 mg/25 mg -- 600 mg of eprosartan and 25 mg of HCTZ.