Blood Pressure Home > Eprosartan/HCTZ
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to taking eprosartan/HCTZ if you have:
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart problems, including congestive heart failure (CHF), angina (chest pain), and aortic stenosis
- A history of a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke")
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- A history of electrolyte problems, such as low blood sodium (hyponatremia) or high blood potassium (hyperkalemia)
- Dietary restrictions that require a low-salt diet or salt substitutes
- A personal or family history of angioedema, which is swelling beneath the skin
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Increased activity of the parathyroid gland
- Difficulty urinating
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Teveten HCT and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Teveten HCT and Breastfeeding).