Blood Pressure Home > Enalapril Maleate
What Should I Tell My Doctor?
- Heart disease, including aortic stenosis, congestive heart failure, or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Liver disease (including cirrhosis) or liver failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE)
- A personal or family history of angioedema, which is swelling under the skin
- Any allergies, including allergies to ACE inhibitors, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Enalapril and Pregnancy).
- Are breastfeeding
- Are on dialysis
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.
- Controlling high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Treating congestive heart failure
- Treating left ventricular dysfunction.