Blood Pressure Home > Edarbyclor Overdose
If someone takes too much Edarbyclor (azilsartan/chlorthalidone) it may cause problems like dehydration, electrolyte problems, and extremely low blood pressure. However, the specific overdose effects will depend on how much of the drug was taken and whether it was combined with other medications or substances. Treatment may include pumping the stomach and providing supportive care.
Can You Take Too Much Edarbyclor?Edarbyclor™ (azilsartan/chlorthalidone) is a combination prescription medication approved to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). It contains azilsartan (an angiotensin II receptor blocker) and chlorthalidone (a diuretic or "water pill"). As with most medications, it is possible to take too much Edarbyclor.
The specific effects of an overdose can vary, depending on a number of factors, such as the Edarbyclor dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
- Extremely low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Electrolyte problems, such as low blood levels of potassium, sodium, or chloride, which may cause the following symptoms:
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pains or cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Decrease in urination.
Treatment for an Edarbyclor OverdoseIf the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may administer activated charcoal or "pump the stomach" to help reduce the amount of the medication that is absorbed into the bloodstream. In addition, treatment may involve supportive care, which consists of treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive care for an overdose of Edarbyclor may include:
- Medications to increase blood pressure, if needed
- Fluids through an intravenous (IV) line
- Close monitoring of the kidneys and heart
- Close monitoring of blood electrolyte levels, such as, sodium, potassium, and chloride.
It is unknown if kidney dialysis is helpful in removing Edarbyclor from the body.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have received too much of this medication.