Blood Pressure Home > Edarbyclor Dosage
When treating high blood pressure with Edarbyclor, the dosage will depend on your blood pressure, how you respond to the medication, and various other factors. This medicine comes as a tablet that is taken once a day. You may want to take it in the morning, as taking it later in the day might cause you to get up at night to use the bathroom.
An Introduction to Dosing With EdarbyclorThe dose of Edarbyclor™ (azilsartan/chlorthalidone) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Edarbyclor Dosage for High Blood PressureEdarbyclor is a combination of two blood pressure medications: azilsartan (Edarbi®) and chlorthalidone (Thalitone®). The usual recommended starting dosage for Edarbyclor is 40 mg/12.5 mg once daily. For people who were previously taking azilsartan or chlorthalidone as separate medications, the recommended Edarbyclor dose is still the same, regardless of your previous amounts for azilsartan or chlorthalidone.
Your healthcare provider may then increase your dose, up to Edarbyclor 40 mg/25 mg once daily, to control your blood pressure, after two to four weeks, if necessary. Higher doses are unlikely to provide additional benefit. In such situations, adding another blood pressure medication is usually recommended.
General Information on Taking EdarbyclorSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Edarbyclor include the following:
- Edarbyclor comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- This medication may increase urination. Therefore, you may want to take it in the morning to reduce the need to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
- Try to take your doses at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- You may take Edarbyclor with or without food.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you have any questions on your dose of Edarbyclor or dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.