Blood Pressure Home > Dynacirc CR Side Effects
Swelling or water retention, dizziness, and fatigue are the most commonly reported side effects of Dynacirc CR. Those that are rare (occurring in less than 1 percent of people) include constipation, insomnia, and cough. Although most Dynacirc CR side effects are minor, you should seek medical attention immediately if you develop chest pain, depression, or any signs of an allergic reaction.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Dynacirc CR® (isradipine CR); however, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can be easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Dynacirc CR. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Dynacirc CR side effects with you.)
Dynacirc CR has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which a group of people taking the drug have side effects documented and compared to another group not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common Dynacirc CR side effects included:
- Swelling or water retention (edema) -- in up to 35.9 percent of people
- Headaches -- up to 18.3 percent
- Fatigue -- up to 7.6 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 6.4 percent
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 5.1 percent
- Constipation -- up to 3.8 percent
- Flushing (redness of the skin, especially the face) -- up to 3.8 percent.
Other common side effects, occurring in 1 to 3 percent of people, included:
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (palpitations)