Blood Pressure Home > Dynacirc CR and Dry Mouth
In clinical studies on the possible side effects of Dynacirc CR (isradipine CR), dry mouth was reported in less than 1 percent of people taking the drug. If you are taking Dynacirc CR and dry mouth occurs, be sure to talk to your healthcare provider about various options for obtaining relief. He or she can also recommend artificial saliva, if necessary.
Dry mouth is one of the possible side effects of Dynacirc CR® (isradipine CR), although rare. In studies, less than 1 percent of people taking the drug reported experiencing a dry mouth.
If you are taking Dynacirc CR and dry mouth occurs, there are some things that you can do that may provide relief. Some of these suggestions include:
- Sip water or sugarless drinks often.
- Sip water or sugarless drinks during meals. This will make chewing and swallowing easier. It may also improve the taste of food.
- Avoid drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and some sodas. Caffeine can dry out the mouth.
- Don't use tobacco or alcohol. They dry out the mouth.
- Use a humidifier at night.
- Be aware of spicy or salty foods. These may cause pain in a dry mouth.
- Chew sugarless gum or suck on sugarless, hard candy to stimulate saliva flow; cinnamon- or mint-flavored candies are good choices.
If you develop a dry mouth while taking Dynacirc CR and the suggestions in this article do not help, make sure to talk with your healthcare provider. He or she may be able to recommend treatment options, such as artificial saliva. Also, depending on how severe your dry mouth is, your healthcare provider may recommend that you adjust your Dynacirc CR dosage or try another high blood pressure medicine.